TOEFL PBT preparation courses
– TOEFL PBT preparation course in ITTA focuses on test-taking strategies and highlights the academic English skills needed for exam success. The course includes TOEFL®-focused reading, structure, vocabulary, and listening, plus practice exam questions and mock tests that mirror the real TOEFL® PBT.
– This course provides Component analysis and evaluation that equips the trainees with the skills and strategies to tackle the certain parts of the test
I Course Description:
The purpose of this course is to prepare students for the University entrance examination and to introduce them to the requirements and standards of the TOEFL PBT test should they wish to take it in the future. Students will be prepared with good deal range of vocabulary and grammar required for the test in the first half of the course, then transfer these to relevant tasks and review TOEFL PBt test-taking skills and strategies. Furthermore, they will develop new skills and strategies necessary to TOEFL PBT success. Foundational skills; such as paraphrasing, summarizing, note-taking, and vocabulary-building will be incorporated throughout the course.
II Course Objectives:
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Consistently and effectively apply test-taking strategies that are specific to the reading, listening, grammar, and writing sections of the TOEFL PBT.
- Reading: identify different question types and read for main idea, details, underlying meaning, structure, author’s purpose, and vocabulary context clues.
- Listening: use focusing strategies and develop note-taking abilities to improve ability to identify main idea, details, underlying meaning, author’s purpose, and vocabulary context clues.
- Grammar: show increased accuracy and confidence in using and identifying simple and complex sentence structures, while correctly identifying parts of speech and consistently applying number, gender, and tense agreement rules.
- Writing: use opinion words and phrases, transition words, and paragraph structure to present an organized and clear essay.
- Identify and infer meaning from common words, phrases, and idioms used on the TOEFL PBT.
- Develop ability to evaluate written and spoken responses according to official TOEFL standards.
Demonstrate an improvement in TOEFL scores based on course work.