PTE preparation courses
The Pearson Test of English Academic
PTE Academic is a computer-based academic English language test aimed at non-native English speakers wanting to study abroad. It tests Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking.
Questions often test 2 skills together, such as listening and reading or reading and speaking. The whole test is done in a single session, lasting 3 hours and is taken sitting at a computer in a secure test environment. The speaking part of the exam is done at the computer. Your voice is recorded and sent for marking.
ITTA Academic PTE exam preparation course will:
- Focus on improving your fluency, accuracy and confidence in English
- Familiarize yourself with the Academic PTE exam format while improving your exam techniques
- Help you develop a strategy so that you will be able to perform to the best of your ability
- Improve your skills in all four core skills; reading, writing, speaking and listening
You can choose to take the PTE exam preparation class on its own as a part-time course, where you will focus on all of the techniques that are required to score well on the test. If you want to take it a step further, you can also study this course as part of your Intensive English or English Unlimited study. In doing so, you are able to progress faster and should see plenty of improvement in your English skills.
As well as helping with your exam practice, we will help you to organize your PTE test and, if needed, we can also help you to complete your UCAS application if you want to study at a UK university.
PTE Preparation course in ITTA includes:
- Language placement assessment including grammar, oral and writing– carried out on your first day, ensuring that you are placed in the right class
- Certificate of achievement– upon completion of the course
- Personalized assessment– progress report giving an assessment of your progress in all of the main study areas.
- Monthly PTE Practice test– including individual feedback from your tutor.
- Academic report
- Monthly tutorials – with your PTE tutor.